Friday, July 14, 2006

Patchwork Shop Hopping

Today mum and I went to a patchwork store not too far away, Patchwork on Central Park. It's a sweet little store, which was where I bough my DJ book. I managed to pick up 4 meters of Amy Butler clearance fabric for $20. And 2 FQ's for $4. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but it's a large print that can be used for large blocks. Maybe I'll make a throw to keep in my car. Also, we found 2 block books. Both had 200 rotary cut blocks, so I'm itching to go through those. I might find a nice block for my Amy Butler fabrics. And mum bought Alex Anderson's Baby Quilt book, as we know a few expectant mummies. It was a good shop, usually empty, but today was pretty busy. Worth the drive for the wonderful designer fabrics in bright retro colours and heaps of 30's prints that I can't find at my local quilt shop (they have mostly florals and palettes). Worth the drive just for my type of fabric, I will definitely be going back again.

Update on Chuck's project: It's all fused and basted, just needs to be stitched and bound and labelled and it's done. =)

No comments: