Friday, July 28, 2006

My Paper Pieced Bag


My Paper Piecing Posted by Picasa

Here, in it's very early stages, is the result of my class yesterday on paper piecing. I've never really done any kind of hand piecing before, but I didn't think about it and I think because I wasn't thinking negatively, I learnt how to do it. And damn it's easy! I'm in love with this technique. The paper-pieced flower is appliqued on to a very simply made bag, and then the whole piece is done. We only had three in the class so I managed to get a lot done- I finished three of the 'petals' in class, then the rest of the round at home last night on a chair with mum sewing binding next to me and Middy asleep in my lap. I loved it! It's so easy. For once I can do something that doesn't require a machine. Now I understand why Grandmother's Flower Garden is a good 'take along' project.

No comments: