Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Valentine's Quilt Block

This is the Heart Block I'm going to use for the Valentine's Quilt. I love it because it's all straight lines! (I'm not really ready to use curves yet).


Heart Block Posted by Picasa

My Australian Patchwork & Quilting Magazine arrived today (lately I've been bidding like mad on eBay, and I have compulsive problems with collecting things- I've restricted myself to only Volumes 10- recent) and I found a similar quilt using this block. It's from the 2003 Annual. I'm going to switch out fabrics to make it look 'scrappy' using the fabrics I've already bought, and soon I'm going to a few close quilt shops with mum tomorrow to look for more matching fabrics to have a bigger variety. I'm yet to decide on the size of the blocks, but I'm going to try and make it a bed-sized quilt. I'm not sure yet. The best thing about this is that it's never certain. I hope it turns out perfectly!

No comments: