Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Valentine's Day Fabric

I had a lot of fun picking this fabric out because I was with my friends Kate and Ben. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is a big enough mix of fabric to produce an intruiging quilt. I'm a fan of scrappy quilts and I love patterned fabric. I'm thinking of making several hearts on a background or squares to make up the overall shape of a heart. Hopefully I can pull off a relatively good-looking quilt with this fabric and still end up with some cute pink scraps for my collection.


Fabric for Valentine's Quilt Posted by Picasa

I'm aware that I have white in the mix, but I don't think it will look that out-of-place. I was looking for a nice yellow-cream to off-set the pinks, and I'm still looking out for that, I might even add a tone-on-tone pale pink in there. I'm still looking for pink or cream patterned fabrics for this quilt, and I doubt this will be the final colour palette.

No comments: