Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Grandmother's Quilt


My Grandmother's Mother's Day Quilt Posted by Picasa

This is the quilt that mum and I decided to make for my grandmother. We tried a 'lightening bolt' pattern, which kinda made itself unique. We used dark greens and browns because we figure that my grandmother's in a nursing home and she's going to get it dirty. It was the first lap quilt we've ever made (and when I say 'we' I mean mum, I only cut the triangles and borders out, mum sewed pretty much everything) and mum did the binding. I was only there to tell her what to do because she didn't know. =)

The only downside that Mother's Day was Sunday, and it's Tuesday now. Mum's visiting her today to give her the quilt.

I've started working on the Frog. Today I used the living room window as a lightbox to trace the pattern on to fabric. Next I have to trace the fusible webbing and cut out the pieces. I'm just getting confused as to which way to use the pattern, if it's mirrored or normal. But I'll figure it out. =)

1 comment:

Spankk said...

Vote for Pedro